Unless you have been living under a rock these past two decades, then you may have realized that the Marvel Cinematic Universe…
Welcome to ABR General Blog
Unless you have been living under a rock these past two decades, then you may have realized that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has come to dominate not only the box office but also pop culture in general. It seems being geeky has somehow become the new cool. With Avengers: Endgame just around the corner, now is the perfect time to explore the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ adventures beyond the silver screen.
The Avengers is one of the oldest teams around. They have graced comic books for the best part of 55 years, defending the Marvel Universe from all sorts of threats. Presented here are some of theirmost awesome stories. Take note that this list is made up of critically acclaimed runs, as well as classic fan-favourites, made by the best creative minds working in the medium.
The Coming of the Avengers!
Written by the legendary team of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, this classic tale tells the story of how the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes first came together. This is for those looking for the definitive Avengers origin story.
- The Story: When it comes to plot, this is a pretty straightforward one. In it, we’ll find Loki causing trouble as he frames the Hulk for a crime as part of an elaborate plot to get back on half-brother Thor. Of course, as one might expect, this inevitably leads to Thor teaming up with other Marvel heroes including Ant-Man, The Wasp, and Iron Man.
Serving as a direct inspiration for the first Avengers movie, this trade paperback is most definitely worth it, just don’t expect the same scale as the movie. If nothing else, it serves as a fun trip down comic book history that every Avenger fan must read.
Avengers: Kree/Skrull War
The Avengers: Kree/Skrull War run was written by Roy Thomas with art beautifully done by the team of Sal Buscema, Neal Adams, and John Buscema. In its center features two alien races, the Kree and the Skrulls, and their war for supremacy. A nine-part epic, this story balances the development of a large and diverse cast of characters while juggling wildly imaginative ideas and even greater stakes.
If you are a fan of the MCU movies, particularly Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain Marvel, then you should be familiar with some of the central villains and side characters.
- The Story: The Kree and the Skrulls are alien races, each with their own massive empires, have been at war with each other for the longest time. Now, this war threatens to make its way to Earth. Unsurprisingly, the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes have found themselves at the very center of it.
This comic would be particularly interesting for readers looking to get in deeper with Marvel’s universe. In it, we get to explore some of its deeper corners including the legendary Negative Zone.
The movies have certainly done a lot for Marvel these past few years. Now, be sure to explore the very medium that them the household name they are today.
As you may have probably realized by now, most people have the tendency to hoard stuff they don’t need. Though usually unintentional, most people end up biting more than they can chew with the sheer number of things they buy that end up collecting dust. This often stems from impulsivity, lack of self-control, or a drive to collect things.
That being said, readers would be pleased to know that there is still hope even for the worst of hoarders. Remember, every journey begins with the first step. So, let us be your guide. Be sure to follow the following tips if you wish to effectively declutter your home.
Take it Slow
One of the most common mistakes people make is that they start throwing things out all at once. This is the equivalent of going cold turkey and is hardly ever effective. The last thing you would want to do is to mindlessly go through your home in one swift go and get rid of everything that catches your eye since it will inevitably lead to overwhelming feelings of regret and anxiety.
Rather, you need to get into the groove first. We highly recommend that you divide your home into distinct sections for this job. This way, you should be able to go through it one small space at a time, making the endeavour much more manageable and feasible.
Categorize Your Stuff
It is vital that you categorize your stuff well. The most common trick is to have a box for the stuff you want to keep, one for the stuff you want to throw out, and one for the things you want to sell. This is a crucial step of the process that cannot be taken lightly. You will need to the time to think and carefully weigh your decisions.
As much as possible, you will want to avoid putting things aside “for now” as it will only delay the entire process of decluttering. Of course, if you are having a hard time with this, we recommend that you make use of a limbo box. All the things you put in this box essentially have an additional 6-month lease on your space. If you don’t take it out of the box, or if the box remains unopened during that time, then, you should probably let it go.
Minimize Your Collections
Quantity does not beat quality. This is the golden rule of any collection. Excessive acquisition of similar items does not make you a connoisseur, it makes you a hoarder. That being said, you need to take stock of your collection and determine the pieces which speak to you the most.
The same could be said of family photos and kids’ drawings. While the sentimental value is certainly undeniable, you need to take the time and choose which one of them are most valuable to you and your family. This way, you get to keep the most special pieces.
Hoarding has become a real problem for some people in recent years. Hopefully, these decluttering tips would prove useful for you.
In recent years, people have started to take the process of brewing coffee more seriously. This is attested to by the influx of new brewing innovations. Now, you can make yourself a cup of coffee that a trained barista would be proud of. Needless to say, there has never been a better time to study the art of coffee brewing.
By investing in the right tools, you should be able to start your day with the right kind of kick. Of course, the world of brewing can be a bit jarring for beginners who simply don’t know where to start. Luckily, we are here to make things simple for you. Presented below are some tips to get you started down your own caffeine journey.
Before anything else, readers need to understand that there are actually two main brewing methods to choose from. Namely, these are known as the Immersion Brew and the Pour-Over Brew. Of course, it is worth mentioning that, if you are new to manual brewing, then you should start with the former before moving on to the latter as you get the hang of how these things work.
If you are looking for an accessible immersion brewer, then the French Press should be your starting point. Widely considered to be the ‘gateway’ coffee brewer, the French Press is incredibly cheap and versatile. Moreover, it is incredibly easy to use. In four minutes’ time, you’d be able to enjoy a full-bodied cup of coffee. The AeroPress and the Clever Dripper come as honourable mentions in this category because of their accessibility and the sheer quality of their coffee.
Once you have become confident enough with your immersion brewer, we recommend that you explore the Pour-Over method. This method is known to produce a clean and sweet cup of coffee. That being said, we recommend that you explore the options available to you. The Chemex, The V60, and the Kalita Wave dominate this particular category as they are among the most popular pour-over brewers on the market today. Just remember that you will also need a gooseneck kettle for this process since even water distribution is a must.
There is more to making a good cup of coffee than just the brewer. As mentioned earlier, it is an entire process that must be handled with great precision and care. Listed below are some of the things you need to get a hold of.
- Grinder – You will need to acquire a grinder that can give you a consistent and even grind. This is vital if you wish to produce a great-tasting cup. Keep in mind that an inconsistent grind makes for bitter-tasting coffee. Porlex and the Handground are extremely popular options. While the Baratza Encore is a great high-end option for those willing to spend more money on their coffee experience.
- Filter –You have a number of options here ranging from white and brown paper filters to reusable stainless steel filters.
Brewing a quality cup of coffee has never been easier. So, invest in the right kind of equipment and enjoy!
The heat is most definitely on! As the temperature continues to climb, you will be compelled to find the most effective ways to cool down. Of course, as anyone would tell you, your fashion choices will surely help a lot. With that in mind, present here a couple of great fashion tips to help you stay cool while looking the part.
- Choose Your Shorts – Choosing shorts instead of pants make a lot of sense in the summer heat. However, it is worth mentioning that your choice to cool down should not go against the style rulebook. That being said, it is crucial that you go with a pair not only fits well but also flatters your figure.
- Make the Shift to Sandals – Finding a new pair of sandals should be your priority these hot summer months. With the heat and humidity that comes with the season, you should do yourself a favour and put together a breathable ensemble, with a pretty pair of sandals to go along with them.
With the hot summer months fast approaching, be sure to ready your cool clothes!
The summer season is inching ever closer as attested to by the onslaught of great movies hitting the theatres. Of course, as much as we are looking forward to the summer blockbusters, we are doubly excited for the potential fashion opportunities that await us. With that in mind, here are a few summer fashion tips to help you beat the heat.
- Choose Natural Fibers – Fabric plays a crucial role in fashion, in more ways than one. Of course, during the hotter months, breathability becomes a central issue that needs to be taken into consideration. That being said, we highly recommend that you go with the lighter fabrics such as cotton, rayon and linen.
- Embrace the White Sneakers – If there was ever a season to wear clean white sneaks, then summer is most certainly it. The clean and vibrant white can serve as one of the main focal points of any ensemble. Moreover, they canbe perfectly paired with almost anything including sundresses and skirts, making even the most basic jeans look cute, cool, and comfy.
The possibilities are endless so be sure to explore the many options available to you.